Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Planets

The Planets CD


By Gustav Holst


A few weeks ago Discovery class listened to "The Planets" by Gustav Holst and we had to do paintings and work sheets about them. So this is what I thought about the songs...


Mars Bringer of War made me feel frightened and a bit scared. It was a bit scary!


Venus the Bringer of Peace makes me feel calm and rested. Much better after Mars!


Mercury the winged messenger made me feel nice and happy, I could also picture a snowy window. Some other people thought it sounded like Christmas. How nice!


Jupiter the Bringer of Jollity made me think of royalty. It also made me feel happy and big. What a song!


I thought the music was great, cool, awesome.Some was sad and some was happy and big.

My favourite was probably Mercury.

I think I would like to make up a dance to these songs!

By Emma

What do you picture when you hear these songs? How do they make you feel? Have a listen and leave us a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment